Colorado State University Summer “Recreationland” – Activities, Clinics, Facilities and Nightlife
Summer Study’s Colorado State University’s summer sports athletics program offers students a wide variety of planned activities each and every day when summer programs for high school students’ classes are through. These summer sports programs for Summer STudy in Colorado are designed for the athlete and artist alike. We are proud that the extensive CSU summer recreational facilities are among the most outstanding among all campuses. Enjoy everything our Colorado State University athletics program has to offer as our enthusiastic Summer Study staff joins you to take part in…
- Improvisation workshops
- Pick-up games in softball, volleyball, soccer, basketball and ultimate frisbee
- Discussion groups
- Ping-ping tournaments
- Rock band
- Tie-dye workshops
- An a capella singing group
- and much, much more!
Those students enrolled in our summer programs for high school students who take full advantage of our summer sports programs’ athletics and recreational activities at Summer Study in Colorado are the ones who enjoy themselves the most in our programs. Participation is the key!
SUMMER STUDY IN COLORADO SUMMER SPORTS – SPECIALTY CLINICS*
- Yoga:* If you like to sweat, Bikram Yoga is for you. This scientifically designed form of yoga delivers total body health through the balancing and strengthening of every system in your body.
- Rock Climbing:* Learn from the best in Colorado! This fantastic, dynamic clinic blends the essentials of strength and technique in rock climbing.
SUMMER STUDY SPORTS CLINICS
For Summer Study in Colorado students looking for summer sports programs to sharpen their athletic skills beyond our recreational games, Summer Study offers specialized Colorado State University sports clinics in BASKETBALL, SOCCER and VOLLEYBALL. Private and Group TENNIS lessons are also available for those of any ability. While there is no extra charge for recreational play, there is a supplemental fee for sports clinics & lessons.
COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS AND RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
Colorado State University’s summer sports facilities are among the most outstanding athletics and recreational facilities of any campus, the extensive CSU facilities host all of the amazing on-campus action. Summer Study programs for high school students also provide exciting off-campus summer sports programs. All students are welcome to enjoy…
- Lubick Field: The impressive 37,000-seat Hughes Stadium and home of the Colorado State Rams is one of the finest stadiums in the country and is SOLD OUT for every game. Tour the stadium and watch the gridiron action on national television in the fall!
- Tennis Courts: 12 courts, including 8 lit for night-time play.
Student Recreation Center: State-of-the-art equipment including badminton, volleyball, basketball, handball, racquetball, aerobic conditioning areas, an indoor track and an indoor pool,
- Climbing Wall: An indoor, 55 linear foot vertical rock climbing area for beginner to advanced students; certification classes available to Summer Study students.
Indoor Track with a four-lane 1/4-mile track overlooking the indoor basketball courts.
- Campus Fields: Perfect fields for soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, softball, flag football or just a good time tossing a frisbee! We have a full complement of our own athletic equipment available to all our students at any time.
- Mountain Biking: Don’t let the fun pass you by! Colorado is famous for its broad variety of easy to difficult mountain bike trails to conquer. Whether a pro or a beginner, tackle the task of completing a bike trail! Bike rentals and protective gear at student’s own expense.
- Hiking Adventure: Explore the beauty of Colorado’s mountainous terrain by hiking the majestic Rocky Mountains.
- Rollerblading: It’s easy to stay in shape with miles and miles of rollerblading paths to skate on. Regularly scheduled day and night sessions will keep you in shape!
Summer Study students have unlimited use of most Colorado State University athletics and recreational facilities.
When the sun goes down…that is when the fun begins! Both the Colorado State University campus and town of Fort Collins provide a dynamic setting with unlimited opportunities for exhilarating evening activities. As college social life transitions into exciting nightlife after classes end, our summer program for high school students is filled with planned events and adds to the “Total Pre-College Experience.”
- “Broadway” Type Shows (in past summers Summer Study students have seen Grease, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita, A Chorus Line, Big, and Dracula)
- Wet & Wild Ice Broomball
- Go-Karts, Batting Cages, Driving Range and Human Maze at Gateway Park
- Concerts at the famous Fox Theater
- TV’s funniest Comedian, Hippieman
- Laser shows at Fisk Auditorium set to the music of Bob Marley, The Dave Matthews Band, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles
- Relaxing walks along College Avenue – the center of Fort Collins nightlife
- Water Sports Night (water volleyball, water polo, etc.)
- Fun & Loud Rock-N-Bowl
- Fast-paced Ice Skating
- Las Vegas Casino Night
- Miniature Golf and Movie Nights
- Action-packed Roller Skating at Apocalypse State Park
- Our Hilarious Skit/Talent Night
- Indoor Volleyball, Wallyball and Basketball
- Rock Concerts (in past summers Summer Study students saw Big Head Todd and the Monsters, the Who, the Dave Matthews Band, Ricky Martin, the Back Street Boys, Phish, the Red Hot Chili
- Peppers, Chicago, Lilith Fair, Third Eye Blind, Lynyrd Skynrd, the Indigo Girls, and more!)
- Elitches Amusement Park
All planned day and night activities are INCLUDED in the Summer Study Tuition!
A SUMMER LIKE NEVER BEFORE!
For more information on our Summer Study in Colorado summer sports programs, recreational activities and facilities, request a brochure online. To apply, please fill out our summer program application.